Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Number 731




Today I celebrate 730 days as a WLS patient. Almost 2 years ago, I made the most amazing decision in my life and had Gastric Bypass or RNY surgery. Today I'm consolidating posts that hearken back to my time preparing for the surgery.






Me at Gaylord TX- Christmas 2012
It is so interesting to stop and read back where I was mentally and see myself physically throughout the early posts, the newness of surgery, and how I was processing all of that. In some ways I'm a completely different person. In most ways I'm me in a smaller package, but the journey has been one that hasn't even let up! I feel like the first year rocked, the second year taught me so many lessons of acceptance and understanding of myself, and I am looking at the 3 year only getting better. I am so happy I did this even with the set backs, unique issues, and sometimes scary low sugar. There is no way in the world I could of done all that I have accomplished on my own....no way! I'm so thankful.
Me eating my last icecream December 2010



Surgery Day Jan 10, 2011

Me on January 7, 2012

2 comments:

  1. All I have to say is "Oh my goodness!" Just like a butterfly you have emerged from the cocoon that surrounded you for years and have transformed into a beautiful butterfly that is ready to soar! Congratulations on your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete