
Today I celebrate 730 days as a WLS patient. Almost 2 years ago, I made the most amazing decision in my life and had Gastric Bypass or RNY surgery. Today I'm consolidating posts that hearken back to my time preparing for the surgery.
| Me at Gaylord TX- Christmas 2012 |
It is so interesting to stop and read back where I was mentally and see myself physically throughout the early posts, the newness of surgery, and how I was processing all of that. In some ways I'm a completely different person. In most ways I'm me in a smaller package, but the journey has been one that hasn't even let up! I feel like the first year rocked, the second year taught me so many lessons of acceptance and understanding of myself, and I am looking at the 3 year only getting better. I am so happy I did this even with the set backs, unique issues, and sometimes scary low sugar. There is no way in the world I could of done all that I have accomplished on my own....no way! I'm so thankful.
| Me eating my last icecream December 2010 |
| Surgery Day Jan 10, 2011 |
| Me on January 7, 2012 |
All I have to say is "Oh my goodness!" Just like a butterfly you have emerged from the cocoon that surrounded you for years and have transformed into a beautiful butterfly that is ready to soar! Congratulations on your accomplishments!
ReplyDeleteWow! Great job. What an accomplishment.
ReplyDelete