Monday, July 29, 2013

Vacation Day 4 & the Zucchini

Today is going to be a great at-home adventure. I got to sleep in this morning YES (to 8:30 am) - who knew that was sleeping in as a grown up when I used to spend days sleeping in till 1 or 2 pm gone are the days of my youth.

Today's agenda is not a lofty one, please giggle out loud, I want to get my closest in order. Its been a rough few months around the Bettis household and I'll be the first to admit that I hate to put laundry away. Yes, head held low and shame here I will admit with my hand held high in the classroom of laundry that I do not put together laundry. My husband is much better than this yet still leaves me with piles of my laundry here or there and since it is my vacation = staycation and a busy school year is about to begin I would like the old clothes out, the clean clothes in, and some organization.

So today's goal closet to put away this clean laundry and while I'm in there out goes the clothes that don't fit, are too big, and I don't wear. Watch out donation station, I'll see you tomorrow.

While laundry is washing and drying I am going to start reading for my new book club. My college friend Laura started a book club for all the books being turned into movies over the next year! The first book we are reading is The City of Bones. We'll be discussing each of the books on the day of release and then we can see the movie and continuing the book discussion. I'm pretty stoked. Laura is such a book nerd and I love her for it. I've read a lot of great books since she got me connected to goodreads and following her along there. It is amazing all the books that are out there and now with e-books my husband doesn't mind me reading so much since he won't have to haul the real books around when we move next. Love ya hubs!

Today's baking is going to be Zucchini Fries. I was gifted wonderful butternut squash and zucchini. The butternut squash didn't last a day in the house, but I don't cook with zucchini as much. I found the recipe on pinterest and thought I would give it a try!

http://pinterest.com/pin/14284923790937109/

Crispy Baked Zucchini Fries

Last night I also learned that my blog had been set to be a no-reply blogger. This is no bueno! I didn't know it had been set this way and I bet if you looked at your blog, you might not know either. I want to be able to communicate with those that comment and also have good blogging presence. So now I'm a reply blogger! If you want to check your blogspot check out this link that I found and go through the tutorial. It was simple, easy, and I figured it out
myself.

http://www.venustrappedinmars.com/2013/06/google-ultimate-no-reply-blogger.html

Venus Trapped in Mars

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I loooove zucchini! So I have to make some zucchini fries too, they look delicious!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Can't wait to read more of yours! I am following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zucchini is one of my top favorite veggies, by far! I've never tried making fries with it, though, I've heard it can be tricky to make it turn out crunchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel I have heard that too with zucchini - but with this recipe the crunch on the outside was good. I ended up baking mine at 18 min solid and they were pretty good. I experimented with some thicker some thinner. With this recipe the thinner you cut them the crunchier they are! Next time I will make them all thinner.

    ReplyDelete