Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cutting Calories

Calories creep in. No matter what they say and how diligent you are, they creep in and can do so if you are not careful.

Over the last few weeks I've been making cuts to help cut calories out of my diet - because they add up! So what have I been cutting here is my list below:

Milk converted from 2% to 1% working my way to Skim Fat Free

Yogurts (greek) converted from 160 calories (all the time) down to 100 cal and 80 cal versions. The 160's are treats and are yummy

Sourcream converted to either plain greek yogurt or to light (down from regular)

All lean meats no matter the meat - lean is the way to go!

I've also been making choices for lower calorie snack / protein bars to have with me. So instead of a half of 250 bar I pick a 100 cal for better calorie management.

I've been making sure I'm sticking with whole wheat grains and loving quinoa and couscous - this may raise the calorie point a bit, but the grain is a superfood and it is also something that is additional protein.

The one area I haven't had to cut has been my drinking of beverages. I drink predominately water, crystal light, propel zero, sobe zero - but I do drink coffee. I do it with a sweet n low and I add milk for protein. Overall not bad!

So here are the things I've been trimming. What do you trim? What has made a difference in your diet?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Funny - we're doing the opposite! I've gone from skim to whole milk :)

    You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete