Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions

I don't make New Years Resolutions unless you could "I don't make New Years Resolutions" as a resolution. I have never been able to keep them and after years of them not working...gave them up. I would rather have a goal list that is sensible, obtainable, and something that I am working towards. Goals make me feel grounded, but my goals happen all year not on the last day of year and goals can change as I grow...so for me I don't fall into the hype. I just don't! But if you are wondering some of the things I'm working on I will gladly share them with you. You might have seen me working on my 31 things to do for my 31 year list. I thought it would be a perfect time to update it with my readers and throw in a few extras to boot!

There is a lot of things I want to accomplish :-) I'm a list maker, a goal go after person and this summer when I was the most lost, I found a friend do this for her birthday and I gave it a shot. It has been fun to work on it and check things off my list. It has also been fun to go after things that I wouldn't normally do, be creative to reach the goal, and enjoy it. It has centered me and helped me get back to being me on track after a rough summer with health stuff.

In addition to this, I'm still in school working towards an Masters in Liberal Arts and I love studying again in person. It has brought me to life! I'm working on becoming a strengths quest educator and being a certified strengths quest educator to lead sessions. I believe in the strengths and using them and I really think they can help others understand who they are, what they want, and where they are going. I am thrilled to be able to grow my etsy business that has brought me much joy and I'm thinking of branching out and doing some craft shows as well. It would be nice to be able to do something I love and get paid to do it too...outside of my work with students.

Other than those little things I'm looking forward to what 2013 will hold. Some of the things I'm already looking forward too: Love Week (Valentines) in our household is a huge deal, Jan 7th is the 5th anniversary of us meeting and me falling in love, our 4 wedding anniversary, our first real vacation, and looking for a puppy - yes, hubs I'm putting it out there 2013 will lead us to a puppy! All in all it is a very special times for us to look forward to. I'm already happy....just want to be healthier, stronger, and better version of me.

Here is the list of things I wanted to accomplish this year:
  1. Read 31 books (13 done = 18 to go as of 1.1.13!)
  2. Ride a roller-coaster
  3. Get my belly button pierced
  4. Reach my WLS goal weight
  5. Complete a 5K
  6. Sew a quilt
  7. Create a family Christmas tradition
  8. Take a pottery class
  9. Buy tickets to a pro sporting event
  10. See Celine Dion in Concert
  11. Organize all my pictures into photo albums
  12. Learn to shoot a gun
  13. Take a belly dancing class
  14. Buy an outfit that makes me feel sexy
  15. Have spa day: facial & massage included
  16. Bake an apple pie from scratch
  17. Go camping
  18. Get my diplomas framed—FINALLY
  19. Host a Harry Potter themed dinner party
  20. Take a romantic vacation
  21. Buy myself a right hand ring
  22. Get a passport
  23. Overhaul my wardrobe to be grown up
  24. Open my crafty etsy shop
  25. Share a beach sunset with the love of my life
  26. Get professional pictures done
  27. Print my blog about my WLS professionally
  28. Start to learn a new language
  29. Take a dance class
  30. Attempt the Rock Wall at the Rec
  31. Learn how to can

So what's the plan to get these done? Read on below:

Here is the list of things I wanted to accomplish this year:
  1. Read 31 books (13 done = 18 to go as of 1.1.13!) - I have 10 books already planned!
  2. Ride a roller-coaster - This summer I'm taking myself to 6 flags!
  3. Get my belly button pierced - Though permanent would be ideal, I have found a great alternative, stay tuned to the blog....can't hurt my chances for a potential plastics to remove the extra skin
  4. Reach my WLS goal weight - Back on track post RH madness and I joined a gym for a new work out routine, food is in order lets say good bye to the last 25 lbs
  5. Complete a 5K - plan to walk one this spring - as soon as I pick I will post (hopefull one with AOII sisters)
  6. Sew a quilt -  Getting a new sewing machine soon and project working on with my mom via skype!
  7. Create a family Christmas tradition
  8. Take a pottery class
  9. Buy tickets to a pro sporting event
  10. See Celine Dion in Concert - happening in May 2013!!!!!
  11. Organize all my pictures into photo albums
  12. Learn to shoot a gun
  13. Take a belly dancing class
  14. Buy an outfit that makes me feel sexy
  15. Have spa day: facial & massage included
  16. Bake an apple pie from scratch
  17. Go camping
  18. Get my diplomas framed—FINALLY
  19. Host a Harry Potter themed dinner party - hubs got me the cook book just need to set a date! i'm so ready to have a potter party, thinking ouples nice!
  20. Take a romantic vacation - happening in May 2013
  21. Buy myself a right hand ring
  22. Get a passport
  23. Overhaul my wardrobe to be grown up
  24. Open my crafty etsy shop
  25. Share a beach sunset with the love of my life
  26. Get professional pictures done
  27. Print my blog about my WLS professionally
  28. Start to learn a new language
  29. Take a dance class
  30. Attempt the Rock Wall at the Rec
  31. Learn how to can - took the online class, waiting for strawberries to hit season can't wait for jam!

No comments:

Post a Comment