Monday, December 10, 2012

Quinoa Meatloaf

I wish I had taken pictures of this recipe! I didn't get to because I was in the middle of prepping 10 different things, but I wanted to pass it on becaue it turned out delicious and such a unique way for me to use Quinoa.

Ingredients:
1/2 lb ground chuck (lean) - you can use turkey, beef etc
1 handful of chopped up green peppers frozen
1 small handful of dried minced onion ( i had it on hand)
Pepper to taste
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp of worcestshire sauce
1 tbsp of heinz ketchup
1 egg
1/4 cup of cooked quinoa
1 small handful of italian bread crumbs to mix into the mixture & then some to put on the top before baking

I put all of this into a bowl and mixed it with my hands. Made it into a loaf form in the morning and put it in a pan to bake it in to marinate in the fridge covered with foil.

Oven 350 degrees, baked for 25 min with foil on and 30 off - it was a glass dish so it took longer.

It was moist, flavorful, and a great way to beef up the meatloaf with quinoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment