Monday, June 18, 2012

Mexican Quinoaand Cheese

I've gone back to menu planning for my sanity and for budgetary help so making the most of my pantry is what it is all about while satisfying my super cute husband that has picky tastebuds. Tonight on the menu is nachos with velveeta cheese mixture. Now back in the day I could sit in front of the TV and eat a whole block of velveeta, no longer the case, but I won't keep something yummy totally away from my hubby. I know that when something like this is in the house, I'll either avoid it and let him eat it or just suffer and join in, but after sharing recipes last week I had a thought!

Tonight I'm making Mexican Quinoa and Cheese. I've got some left over quinoa still in the fridge that I want to use up and I'm looking forward to some yummy velveeta so I'm going to join the two together. I'm planning on saving some extra ground beef on the side to add to the mixture so I have enough protein.

1/4 to 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa
1/3 cup of cooked grownd beef
2 to 3 heaping tbsp of velveeta mixture
additonal onions, tomatoes
1 dollop of sour cream
Mix it up and serve!

I believe that I will get two meals from the above because quinoa fills me up so much. If you are adventurous I also thought you could put this mixture into a tortilla and chomp on down as well! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment