Monday, May 28, 2012

WLS Friendly Pizza

Yesterday I had a craving for Asian food, so I made some home stir fry with my quinoa that I made yesterday. Today, I had a hankering for pizza. Now, pizza isn't something that I eat often if at all. If you knew me prior to WLS I ate pizza all the time. Let's be honest, I was always ordering it at school and I often ate with my students so pizza was commonplace in my diet. Since surgery, the bread gets gunked up. That is my official term. It balls, it hurts, and it fills up my tummy and doesn't do me much good in nutrients, but it is yummy.

Every once in a while when I'm out I'll do thin crust, but I miss the real taste of pizza. I know I can't eat it because it hurts, but I need no I want to find a way to eat something I love. I've seen people post about tortilla pizzas all the time. I had to look into them to see how they would work for me. The mission style tortillas can be processed by my tummy especially if they are crisp instead of of more doughy like flour ones.

It is also the end of the month - which means I am eating my way through the pantry and freezer. Today I made two pizzas for dinner. One is plain cheese with mozzarella and cheddar and the other is a bbq chicken pizza.  First I started with browning my chicken tender. I put a little oil, minced onion, and garlic in a pan and cut up the tender into pieces to pre-cook it for the oven. Then I prepped the pizzas for the oven. I place them on a cookie sheet and popped them in the oven on 350 for 10 min. The tortillas are crunchy, the cheese melted, and they are pretty awesome. I didn't eat them all, but I ate half one and half the other. The rest for lunch tomorrow!


cheese pizza with sauce and 2 types of cheese

bbq pizza with bbq sauce at the base with 2 types of cheese
bbq chicken pizza prepped for the oven




1 comment: