Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 5

I'm pretty much eating normal by Day 5. I've altered the 5 day pouch test due to the major sugar drop, but I'm doing well. Overall it was a good thing for me and I realized that I can do this. I have some tightness back in my pouch and I think I might do this again once we get the sugar drop figured out. Unlike most people I didn't loose a ton of weight, but that is ok! Living life and enjoying life is part of the benefit of the surgery and no matter what the scale says - I'm getting smaller so much so that my co-workers have even noticed!

Last night when I got home I was greeted by my new old navy clothes. I'm so excited because I bought things offline in normal and petite sizes. Yep, they fit. I have brand new capri khakis and capri long khaki shorts (bermuda length) with some new tops as well! Now that I have the clothes that fit me I am feeling pretty fabulous. Eating = good. Clothes = great! Workouts and ab workouts = going well! Now, to get to clean out the oversized, old t-shirt clothing...looks like I have a date with my closet to finish the overhaul.

Today will hopefully be productive - work is terribly slow so I'm going to take the advantage of doing homework and reading during lunch today to get ahead for next week because I have a super cute date planned for saturday with my super cute husband - we are headed off to the Fort Worth Zoo with a picnic! Pretty pumped about this - especially because he starts back to work on Monday.

We have been so blessed over the time we've lived in Fort Worth. It has not been easy, but it has been something that has brought us closer. We value our relationship immensley now and we are working on it alot more than before. I think we needed this time because we need the transition. Being married is work - lots and lots of work and it is something that can be easily distracted so we are making the concious effort and I think it is starting to pay off.

One of the blogs I follow wrote a great post about Portion Size and the idea of change coming from a 12 year old! Check it out here http://letsmoveitmommas.blogspot.com/2012/05/and-hes-only-12.html

Have a great thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment