Thursday, April 26, 2012

Changing of the Seasons


Painting my toes at home!
 In TX we never really have a "spring" it is more like a few days of perfect weather that feels like "spring" and then jump right into the Summer. Well, it has happened it is 88 by 11 am and it looks like the summer is upon us and that the seasons have changed. Hello to sandals, pedicured toes, and cute sun dresses and goodbye to my closed toed shoes :-) One of the neatest things for me is to love my feet. Yes, that may sound odd, but I couldn't see them for almost a decade. I love painting my toes, trying out new designs, trying on shoes, and I may even venture into toe jewlery.  The jury is still out on that one.

It is this simple change in my life that has opened so many doors. Often you hear people talk about closing a window and opening a door, but for me I feel that the changes have been swift like seasons and not easy like windows. The changes are always deep and fitting. They bring great sweeping changes and open my mind to new things, new places, new ideas, and hope for the future. Lately, I've been cataloguing all of these changes it seems. I've looked at my life through a lense and seen myself for what I am physically, who I am mentally, and where I am right now. I was telling my best friend that I am "75% happy with my life" and that the rest is being worked on. That is very true for right now and though I would like to be at 100% or that it may fall a little below 75% overall I'm in a good place. I've been in Fort Worth for almsot five months and enjoying life here in our new home. Time to spread these wings and embrace the new season.

Seasons change and with them so does the university. We are in the last two weeks of the Spring semester here and soon the university will be quiet, the student will have gone home and graduated, and orientation will begin. As the change is happening across TCU, I am making the change to go back to school. I've taken a fair amount of time off and have started into my next class for Doctoral work. Hopefully this class will go better than the last one and I'm hoping to enjoy it more. Today I download the articles and read through all but two at work. It has been nice to take in things and really read, but also to be able to focus again and not be drug down into the ditches of depression and feeling blah. This change has been huge for me! I'm looking forward to class and starting to work towards one of my biggest bucket list items: To be a doctor!

As the seasons change and I myself feel the changes, embracing them, and working towards changes I can't forget where I've come and I need not forget to set goals ahead. I got to keep moving. Though last night I didn't move anywhere. Yep, I didn't walk last night when I got home, but I did walk yesterday a good amount. I didn't want to make the trade and do instead of, but I realizing I have limits and that I don't have to work at a huge pace to hurt myself. My muscles are feeling the use and I'm not being whiny - I'm a little sore. I haven't stopped moving, but I did rest last night and I'm glad I did. Tonight though - it is on! I like walking with my hubby and hopefully it is something we both can look forward to doing together. Tonight is the last night for walking because tomorrow is an off day and both of us have plans to work out and be moving on saturday. Look at us being active.

Today is thursday so here is my thankfulness post:
1. I am thankful that I got my parket ticket reveresed
2. I am thankful for crystal light being served in the dining hall on campus
3. I am thankful that I am having a slow week at work - I've needed it
4. I am thankful for getting to meet so many new people lately

No comments:

Post a Comment