Sunday, January 22, 2012

Evaluation & Next Set of Goals

It's been three weeks and I've finally got into a comfortable rhythm. I'm able to take my vitamins, medicine, eat well, and adding working out into my life. I've added in all but my B12 vitamin and will finish that last addition at the end of the month. I've decided I'm going back to the original B12 that I took post surgery and I had to order it - can't wait to have it delivered next week. It is the little things!

Working out has gone well and I'm enjoying it. I think I would like to work out more, but I am realizing that I'm keeping to new habits if I work them in and keep at it. So it has been an experience to not feel bad about doing more, trying out more things, and not going for longer. I was reminded kindly by a friend that I need to celebrate the act of doing rather than the act of what I haven't done. That is such a hard lesson for a type A person like myself and something that I need to realize, but exercise has numbers associated with it and you all know how much I am loving numbers these days. So it is about the journey and not just the goal and that will keep me working toward the goal of being a healthier human being. I can do this!


Adding a layer to your life and to your being isn't as easy as just stating it - you have to work at it and live it. So living it...this new lifestyle isn't as easy as walking, running, eating right. It is about the package and thought I don't want to be a fanatic, I want to be fit. I want others to know that my decision to have WLS was about being healthy and part of that is being fit. What does fit mean? To me at this moment, fit means following my meal plan, taking supplements, working out, watching my overall health, and making sure my brain is catching up to my body morphing, my mental health is just as important as my physical health. So I want to be known as fit - healthy little ole me rather than being the overweight picture of diabetes, heart disease, and asthma. I think it is doable, don't you?


Each week to meet my goals I've pledge to have a meal plan to follow. I'm not making it so strict that I can't live and have things I like, but a plan makes it easier overall to be successful.

Breakfasts - this week I will be eating a combination of Walmart brand SF Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt with Pears in light syrup.
Lunches - this week I am looking at easy meals - crock pot dr. pepper BBQ chicken with broccoli on the side, tuna fish salad on cucumbers, crock pot chicken pot pie with lots of veggies (no pot pie!)
Dinner - I'm looking at chicken parm, homemade black bean burger with salsa, breakfast scramble with quinoa, and quinoa stirfry
Snacks - this week I'm still concentrating on adding in fresh fruits: tangelos, fruit cocktail

It is a guide not a 1000% dedicated so that I can enjoy something I may have a craving for, or if I decide to cook for hubs and take leftovers, but having a meal plan makes it easier to work towards my goal of eating well and feeling good.



No comments:

Post a Comment