Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up


This weekend was a slow one. I actually spent most of the weekend in bed either crocheting, sleeping, or nursing my ruptured ear drum, but nevertheless I did manage to keep working through all of the fat clothes that are in my life. As you can see I've got 2 huge bags and one that is growing filled to the brim with everything from shirts and socks to swimming suits and winter coats. I tried things on, made decisions, and it is freeing to let the old me go. I even took the opportunity to let items like old purses and even more shoes go. Note to my husband that is over 22 pairs of shoes that I have given away since we have been married - all post WLS!

As a new week is beginning and a new month is around the corner, new things are happening and I am embarking on a new path of growth. I am making the conscious effort to re-enter therapy to work on the new me. I want to understand where some of these new feelings are coming from, I want to conquer old demons that die hard, and I really need the help of someone to work through the new development of body image and invisibility complex that I have recently found. So here I am in a molding moment ready to take shape. I feel as if I am standing at the edge of something new, of something important. I feel as if this part of the journey will make the WLS journey even more poignant. I am ready to encounter me as I see myself. I am ready to learn to love myself in new ways. I am ready to be a well rounded healthy woman who is about to turn 30. It is time for the next step in this dance that is my life.

One of my co-workers told me life is boring without change and I have to admit I hate change, but I've been doing a lot of it lately. Time to embrace these changes and come out with the best version of myself that I can be. Today is mine. Tomorrow is mine. The story that is about to be written is special and honest. I am excited to see where it leads...ready for the journey with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment