Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Adventures in Eating

When I got my tonsils and adenoids out in 2008 I had to re-learn to eat with a missing uvula. I couldn't automatically manage to tell how much I had in my mouth and I had a hard time learning to swallow. It took me about 6 months to figure out amounts, heat and cold, and all that jazz. Now here I am with a new stomach and I'm re-learning to eat. This morning I woke up and ate breakfast. It was truly and adventure for my tummy. I am not used to soft foods and the eggs and I did not agree. I don't know if it is the way I cooked them or how I was eating them, but wow...it was touch and go there for a second. I almost felt like I wanted to push it out, but there wasn't a way for me to do that. I really don't want to throw up on my tummy at this point.

When I was eating I think I stopped paying attention to size of bites and a couple of the bigger bites must of went down or I didn't chew enough and if felt awkward and it hurt. My tummy will break them down, but now I feel really full. Plus, my intestine is not liking the bigger part either. So I learned my lesson the hard way today. Must eat small bites. Must eat slower. Must chew chew chew. I'm going to breathe and take my time eating and start again at the next meal. I'm not going to let this stop me on the soft food diet. It just makes me a little bit more apprehensive.

Last night on a positive note I did eat some low fat string cheese last night and it was super easy to eat! It was soft, yummy, and it filled me up. I'm definitely liking that item on the soft food list. I'm also enjoying tuna. Real food is so yum. It might be only 4 or 5 bites, but yay! food = good.

Today, my daddy is coming to see me. I'm really pumped to see him and spend some time, but I am also pumped to get out of the house and drive a bit today. Time to get back to normal. Goal for today is to get my nails done. If that can be accomplished, this weekend I'm going to brave Hobby Lobby and return a few items.

On a super de dooper high note...drumroll please...I got accepted into a new higher ed doctoral program! Walden University has a great program and it is definitely an option. Well on that note its short and sweet and off to see my Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment