Sunday, March 3, 2013

Multi Grain Muffin Recipe

I found this recipe on Pinterest and pinned it awhile ago (lately with all the depression I haven't wanted to cook) but I'm feeling better and planning ahead for meals is always important.

If you want the direct link to the recipe here it is http://www.welltraveledwife.com/2012/09/oatmeal-banana-breakfast-muffins.html

Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Muffins

Ingredients
2.5 cups old fashioned oats 
1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar {or sweetener of choice}
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas 


Let the Baking Begin!

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners.
2. Place all of the ingredients, including bananas in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth. {I added the oats a cup at a time and blended in between}
3. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  
**Be sure to watch them closely in the oven, because depending on altitude, baking time may be a little less**
4. Most importantly: Enjoy & try not to eat them all at once!

Are you ready for some Lissa changes????

1. I used 2 cups of old fashioned oats made into oatmeal flour and 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
2. I used 2 single serving Oikos banana cream greek yogurt versus the plain
3. I used splenda instead of sugar

How I put this all together was to blend all the liquids and dry separate. I put all the liquids in the bullet blender and then put it into my kitchen aid mixer. I then added all the dry ingredients to the mix. I started on slow but at the end I gave it about 20 seconds on a good medium speed in "Miss Molly" my mixer.

Note: I didn't spray the bottom of my cupcake liners and next time I would do that! That would help getting them out of the liner - but over all full of flavor and very yummy. I had 2 for breakfast and one with coffee for a mid morning snack!

Things that made this project easier:

Miss Molly my mixer

the kitchen aid spatula scoop - changed my world. best invention ever -thank you Kitchen Aid 
Cookie Dough Scoop - great for portioning out muffins and heavy dough items - how did I bake before this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment