Friday, January 25, 2013

Work Out on a Friday Night?

Tonight I tried something different at the PF; the 30 min workout. I had seen people going into this zone throughout my other workouts and tonight I pushed myself. So what is the PF 30 min workout? First it is a way for me to burn well over 300 calories in a structure environment that allows me to control the speed of cardio and the weights of strength training all in 30 min.


Image of Planet Fitness 30 Minute Workout AreaYes...you read the title correctly. Yes I actually wrote that. I can't believe it myself, but I voluntarily went to Planet Fitness tonight and worked out. My former self would of curled up on the couch, watched bad tv, ate some junk food...my even younger version of myself would of been sitting at bar drinking an amazing beer - but this me...the me of today - well I eat my protein and work out on a Friday night.

Tonight I tried something new at the PF - 30 min cardio zone. It is a series of stations that alternate between strength training and cardio. The cardio is self driven to allow you to make it as intense or as mild as you would like. You are able to work at your own pace on an off the machines and overall I liked that you work through the green light, stop with the red, and move on to the next one. It is definitely great for beginners and a way for some to set minin goals and to work on increasing reps and weight. I vote YES I would do it again.




2 comments:

  1. That's great! I hope I can do that someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that I can do it again....we all can get there and I've been pushing my mind over matter lately.

      What kind of workouts do you do?

      Delete