Monday, January 21, 2013

Slimpression Testimonial

When I was at the Obesity Action Coalition Conference in Dallas this past October, I had the opportunity to be introduced to Slimpressions. Now these aren't spanks, they aren't even close to a spank like product. I've tried all kinds of compression garments and I've never felt comfortable in them. They hurt. They made me feel too tight even in my own skin. They didn't fit just right or they were too darn tight. Then I met the slimpression stylist and I tried them on. The sales woman said I would try it on and not take it off - I was skeptical but went off to the bathroom.

Guess what? I NEVER TOOK IT OFF! I felt confident. I felt skinny. I felt sexy...I looked how I imagined myself to look in my head and honestly that is hard when you stare down at the "oatmeal" belly that resembles all of hard work that I've done. It is shameful sometimes but it is also honoring. This is real life post op life looking down at skin that is loose and skin that isn't what you want it to be, but in all reality there are products out there that make me feel good - they can make you feel good!

Tanks A Little™
My favorite item is the the tanks a little. It is comfortable, allows me to wear my own bra, and is long enough to cover my entire torso. When wearing it I loose more than 2 inches under my bust, and 2 to 2 1/2 inches around the top of my stomach area and at least and inch or so around the hips. Hello that is an awesome way to loose inches right? Now usually I wear clothes that allow me to be comfortable without compression garments, but then there are days when I want to wear it or I want to wear a specific outfit, dress, or something where I might feel self conscious.

2 years ago I would never imagined that I would be posting pictures of myself on my blog, facebook, or even twitter, but here I am 2 years later and have a new outlook on life, my body, and my future. On a whim I sent a picture via twitter just super excited that I felt confident and that I had done something for the first time - tucked my shirt in my jeans and felt normal. Yes from 400 lbs to 195 lbs and here I was tucking in my shirt. I must have been having a lucky day because I got asked permission to use my pic in a testimonial. How awesome is that and I'm flattered because nowhere in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined this. Check out the link I'm super proud of it http://slimpressions.com/feel-confident-with-slimpressions-shape-wear/

If you are looking for a good garment that will help take those inches off whether you are post WLS or pre WLS or just wanting to feel better I definitely would tell you to try slimpressions. I know I can't wait to buy a few more to have in my wardrobe because they fit great, easy to wash, and well....I love 'em.

1 comment: