Thursday, January 31, 2013

Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper CrockPot Recipe

This is one of my go too low carb, easy fixed meals for the week. It is flavorful and super easy to make!

Ingredients:
1 large can of crushed tomatos
1 can of diced tomatos
1 lb of lean meat (hamburger, turkey etc)
3 to 4 green peppers chopped up
1 large cup of frozen onions
garlic and pepper to taste

Brown the meat and drain off most of the fat. I leave a little because it helps the crockpot long term process. Throw all ingredients in the crock post cook until bubbling. Enjoy!!!!

It literally feeds me 4 to 6 lunches at 1 cup each. If you want to kick up the protein a notch you can add cooked quinoa to the mixture. If I do this I usually don't add quinoa to the whole batch, cook it separate and then add it to my individual bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment