Friday, June 22, 2012

Calorie Counting & Apps

I've never been an effective calorie counter. Let's be honest if I ever had been....maybe I would of never ended up obese?!?!? Who knows, but to live my life to the fullest, I've had to adapt and learn. Now that I know my target is 1000 to 1200 calories I've started to track my progress with my Loseit app on my phone! Love love love the iphone for the apps and this one is great! I am able to scan the barcode and add it to my meal for the day. Sweet! Plus I can be lazy, so this makes it easier for me to log in :-) It has a great search function and it is easy to use. I've been using it every day this week so I'm pumped.

When it comes to calorie counting I know I have to meal plan. I decided to wing it yesterday and I ate a ton! Not so good so today I decided to pick out the food I would eat, load it into my loseit this morning so I know where I was going. I already made better choices. I knew what I had picked, knew what I had portioned, and was able to say yes, I can do it. What is also great about meal planning is when you might put in for a certain portion but for us WLS patients - we don't eat it all! That is ok because I pre-planned. Who would of thought it would be this easy! Now, I know this is discipline, but if I can get through this hump and move my weight holla! I'm all over it.

I'm also been on point in drinking my liquid. A friend had posted about the waterlogged app and its FREE. What I love about it is 1) you can take pics of your favorite beverages or cups you use and put it in the system. 2) you can customize it to your needs 3) you can track your results. Plus it is on my phone and super easy. I upgraded to the lifetime member because I wanted some of the extras like connecting to my outlook to put in reminders to drink and to push notifications if I haven't logged in some many hours during the day. I need this especially when I'm busy. I really like it and it is a good tool to use to measure your water intake. Horray for apps!

I've also been searching for something to tell me what recipes have in them calorically when I make them. I know I know...always cook with calorie notions, but I don't, but through spark people I've found where I can load a recipe in, show serving size, and come up with a calories, protein, etc. I'm so glad I found it. Can't wait to load all my favorites in there so I know what I'm consuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment