Friday, January 27, 2012

This Week: Thankful Friday

When your sick it is often not easy to find "good" things surrounding you. If you had asked me earlier this week, I would of told you that I'm just thankful to get out of bed and make it to work, but now that the cold is easing it is clearer to share what I am thankful for this week.

1. I am thankful to have time and space to think peacefully. [At first my husband working opposite shift of me had me in the duldrums, but after the last two weeks spent with evenings alone I have found the space, though not ideal, a place for me to just "be"]
2. I am thankful for cards left unexpectantly near my purse ;-)
3. I am thankful for the days where I can actually fight off an infection. It wasn't that long ago where I couldn't even deal with a cold. Being able to get well in a relatively short time is honestly new to me, but well welcomed!
4. I am thankful being able to critically think.
5. I am thankful for the strengths that I have and that I can offer.
6. I am thankful for time to cook, recipes to try, and for food to enjoy.
7. I am thankful to be able to go after dreams and make goals to pursue.
8. I am thankful for real emails and not those junk ones, real honest emails that friends write to each other.
9. I am thankful for those adults who helped make me a better person by pushing me along the way. You never really appreciate those "hard conversations" until your the adult giving them to other young people.
10. I am thankful for coffee creamer. Yes, though I drink black coffee...coffee creamer well is heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment