Monday, November 14, 2011

Is my tummy shrinking?

I don't know what is up with my tummy lately - believe you me it is nothing bad, but I feel as if my tummy is shrinking. The last few weeks have had its ups and downs and I have had cravings and such, but I've been really trying to stay true to my diet, drink my liquids, and stick to the plan and I'm noticing now that I'm eating slower and eating less! It feels like my stomach is shrinking or..that it has shrunk back to when I was 4 months post op. I know this might not be humanly possible and that some out there believe they can do the "liquid diet shrink" to make their pouch smaller - but I don't know if I really believe that or if my dear surgeon Dr. C would even endorse that. It is just a new phenomena that I'm noticing that I wanted to share.

I have been extremely conscious of what I've been eating, how much, and portion control. I've gotten to the point that when I go out with my husband that I'm not ordering a full meal because I won't eat it. If he does order something I can eat, I eat a small portion of his meal and call it a day - if not, I've gone to ordering side orders for myself so I can eat what I want for a fraction of the price. Even with ordering sides, I'm taking things home so ordering a full meal just seams frivolous to me! I also am noticing that when I'm cooking at home that I'm not making massive quantities!!! I finally figured out how to cook for one again - and my little tummy is happy. I do have left overs usually still and sometimes things freeze, but right now I'm just happy being at this place. I love feeling good. I love eating well. I love drinking my liquid and knowing that I'm meeting my goals. Today is a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment