Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall = Chili, Stew, Potpie, and Soups

Today was my cooking day for the week. I got up this morning (once the electricity came back on) and got to cooking. I would love to be able to prep and pre-cook for a few weeks at a time, but I'm not quite there yet so in the mean time I'm back on track getting my protein grub on.

Today I made the following:
1. Flavored Greek Yogurt
2. Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Quiche with a little salsa for flavor
3. Chili
4. Tuna Fish Salad

The chili I made was one of my "frankenstein" concoctions as I was playing with a few recipes taking and choosing what I wanted to use. Here are the ingredients: 1 can of chili beans (walmart brand), 1 can of diced tomatoes (aldi brand), minced garlic, 1/4 cup of chopped white onion, 2 tsp of original taco seasoning, 2 tsp of hidden valley ranch seasoning, and a couple of squirts of lemon juice. I put it all in the pot, brought it to a slow simmer, heated it up and it was pretty yum. I tasted it and I liked it, but I'm sure it will be even better tomorrow. What is also great is I got 1.5 servings for the week (when i add sour cream and cheese to it) and I have a good serving in the freezer for another meal.

I have a list of new recipes to try that include some soups, chowders (a bacon tomato chowder), and a few casseroles as soon as I can get my hands on some squash. Looks like I'm getting to the farmers market :-) Now...after all this food talk looks like I'm also going to get back to working off the last 4 lbs to be under 200 and comfortably be at 199. Let the fog lift and the mood be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment