Saturday, October 22, 2011

Down 14 Pant Sizes!

This morning I went out to walmart to get a few things and I decided to try on some pants as I am in desperate need of some smaller ones since my current 2 pairs are falling off me. So I took a stab and tried on some 16/18..a 14/16 regular...and a 12/14 P. You know what fit?????? 12/14 P pants fit perfectly! I didn't love how the pockets laid, but I figure that won't be a problem in a month! So beyond my shocking belief I am in a 12/14 petite pant at walmart and i'm shocked. I started in a size 28W tight on January 10th and here i am on October 22 and i'm in a 14 P!

So I branched out and tried on a few fitted tops and I started with a XXL and moved into an XL and I probably could fit in a L top but didn't feel comfy especially since my stomach is slightly swollen today, but I'm shrinking. I am definitely seeing inches go bye bye even though I'm hanging out at 201! Major accomplishment for the month on October. C'mon few lbs..you need to go. I'm so close to Onderland and my Centennial mark!

Today I was wanting something easy on the tummy and based in protein. It is cold in TN so I've been learning to make soup. My pumpkin apple curry soup was yummy so today I picked out a recipe for Bacon Tomato Chowder.

Here are the ingredients:
3 bacon strips diced
1/4 cup of margarine
1/4 cup of flour
1 dash of nutmeg
2 cups of chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes with juice
2/3 cup of half and half

Here are the substitutions I made: [ i like substitutions 'cuz i can shop in my pantry and use what is on hand and make it fit my tummy! ]
no nutmeg - my tummy doesn't like
1/3 cup of heaving cream
1/3 cup of 1% milk
10 strips of turkey bacon diced

Here are things I added after the above items cooked:
1/4 cup of minced onion
1 tsp of minced garlic
1/2 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese

In a saucepan, cook bacon and remove drippings. (Turkey bacon doesn't create much drippings). In the same pan place margarine and melt. Add flour (you would also add nutmeg at this point) and blend together to smooth. Slowly whisk in the broth and whisk until no lumps. Bring this mixture to a boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add in can of diced tomatoes. Heat mixture and stir slowly for 2 minutes. Add in half and half (or substitute) and stir. Reduce heat to low and add bacon.

After I added the bacon it was a little blah for me so I added things to up the protein and give it some bolder flavor. I added minced onion, minced garlic, and cheese. The cheese gave the chowder a rich texture when melted, the onion worked well with the bacon, and the garlic - well I love garlic. I let the soup cook for about 5 minutes and warm up. It was really smooth, loved the taste of the bacon and cheese. Definitely something I would make again.

I found another recipe for a pumpkin soup that has both sourcream and yogurt in the mix - I'm thinking it sounds really yummy and would have a higher protein count than regular pumpkin soup as well. Also while talking to a friend Wed she gave me the suggestion to make a turkey pumpkin chili. Hmm so much you can do with squash! Loving winter and recipes where I can feel warm and squishy inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment