1. Baking is how I relieve stress...cooking in general, but baking more specifically. I like that baking requires you to clear your mind, focus on the task at hand, and pay attention to what is in the oven and around you - the smell, the taste, the texture. Baking is just one of my favorite things. Now that I have Miss Molly - my sassy, red, and shiny kitchen aid mixer, baking is even more fun.
2. Before I had WLS (weight loss surgery) I spent a ton of money on medication. Now I'm post WLS (21 almost 22 months out) and I spend more money on vitamins and supplements than any medication I take! Ironic I do think so.
3. I'm obsessed with tea. I'm usually a coffee drinker especially in the fall, but lately all I've wanted is a really good cup of tea with milk and sweetener. Who knew I was turning in to my mother after all these years...but don't worry I don't leave coffee out of the equation, I'm just going towards tea more these days.
4. I confess that I hate that I'm always listed as the "creative" one of my friends and co-workers, but I secretly like that I am because they keep me around! I get fun projects and it allows me to stretch my creative side when people say "hey lissa...can you do?"
5. I've lived in 5 states and claim the state where I went to college to be home - Texas got in my soul and I'm so glad that I get to live and work here, though I do miss a good crab cake from back in Maryland.
What I wouldn't want to confess:
1. The heaviest weight I ever weighed in at - EVER ( I don't think my husband even knows this)
2. My true feelings for people that bullied me in middle and high school
3. The true strong dislike I have for others that make fun of obese, overweight, and heavy people
4. What I really want to do when I grow up...at least not yet