Wednesday, September 7, 2011

laughing is good for the soul

I am around students all day and they keep me going. They give me energy, they are a huge source of encouragement, and for me they also fill my "mothering" need -aka I get to be "mammabear" but also get to send them home to their real parents for vacation! One of the things that I love about being around young people is their ability to have fun, laugh at themselves, and just laugh in general. There isn't a day that goes by that they don't get me to laugh at myself...my life...or something that happened. I've noticed that when I'm happier I'm doing more. I've noticed when I'm laughing and giggling that I'm more motivated. I've noticed when I'm having fun that I can accomplish anything. So here is a kudos to my students and staff for making my day better with giggles, smiles, and lots of laughs.

I think that I'm learning a lot more about myself the longer I am post op. One of the things I am learning is that I need to laugh at myself and I need to have fun. I may not be the best at exercising, aerobics, or being coordinated but the imported thing is that I try. I may not look the best doing it, but at least I am moving. I can giggle at myself attempting to lift weights, zumba, and crazy Wii fitness videos, but I'm moving and grooving. I am living and life is too short not to have fun.

Now that I can come up from being drowned in work, I can get back to doing things for me that make me happy. I can't wait to get out and see some of the lovely women I met through meetup, crafting, and painting some pottery. I also am excited to be able to get away and do things that help me being healthy. I am excited to join a new WLS support group and make the meetings...I need to have people here that understand me. I also am ready to really make new friends. Somewhere over the last few months finding me has also allowed me to realize that my life is here and is now. I can't live in the moment and cut myself off, our life is being built in the 'boro and we love it...so time to put down some roots. Though scary it is important for me to do. I don't want to just rely on work to have social outlets and I'm ready...for life!

What makes you laugh? Do you let yourself just giggle for the heck of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment