Monday, September 12, 2011

Fall Recipe Inspiration

I'm being inspired by fall veggies coming and the possibility of healthy food additions to a weekly recipe menu. Some of the things that are inspiring me right now are:

1. eggplant
2. zuccini
3. spaghetti squash
4. acorn squash

I have been researching these and how to incorporate them to allow me to say goodbye to carbs and hello to carb resembling entrees. One of the things I want to do this weekend is hit up the farmer's market and see if I can get my hands on a spaghetti squash and/or an eggplant. I'm dying to try a shrimp dish that is made with spaghetti squash, and roasted egglplant in the oven with riccotta parmesean toasted on the top sounds wonderful! It's fall and I'm embracing it...now for all the pumpkin recipes.

I adore pumpkin...and pumpkin anything from dessert to coffee. I really am ready to make some pumpkin pies and pumpkin butter...even some pumpkin soup! Yum yum yum. As I cook I will be posting some of my recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment