Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bad Food Day Lets Refocus!

Yesterday was a bad food day. I'm not proud of it, I'm kinda dissappointed about it, but I know there is nothing more that I can do to fix it. I have to acknowledge my behaviour and move on so with that said yesterday was a bad food day.

I know yesterday was bad because I didn't focus on the protein. When I didn't focus on the protein I wanted to eat carbs and carbs are my "gateway" food. Yes, I said it "gateway" food. Carbs are addictive and I don't need them, but they are yummy. So I wanted carbs yesterday and I had some. If I had focused on my protein I wouldn't want carbs or sugar and I would have been filled between that and my water, but I didn't do that. I also didn't eat when I was hungry. Last night I pushed my dinner time and kept pushing it. I ate what I wanted at a banquet knowing I should only have a little of this and that and what did I do? I pushed it and nibbled; I know better than to graze, but I was picking and choosing and I hate hate hate that I did it. Last night when I went to bed and felt bad about it, but I knew I couldn't erase it. I knew today was a new day.

So I woke up this morning with a clean slate. Protein, supplements, and water. Today is a refocus. Today I will do my best to achieve my goals and I will not berate myself for being human. I will not be down upon myself for having a bad food day. I will not make excuses. It is in the past and I will move on to a better day. Today is a gift and I'm glad that I can love myself enough to realize I'm human....I'm fallible...I make mistakes.

To help me refocus here is my "tab" for the day!

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of eggs and 1 piece of sausage
Snack - fresh fruit of pinneapple and cantalope
Lunch - green pepper casserole
Dinner - tilapia and veggies

Liquid intake - 1 down 7 more to go
Supplements - morning meds, 2 calcium supplements, B12 liquid, and Vitamin D = complete

I'll check back in later.

*************************************************************************************

Well breakfast and snack went well lunch did not go so well, but dinner was fine and supplements are a go. I'm getting ready to take my last dose of calcium and will hit my multivitamin before bed time. Liquid intake was okay I could of done better, but keeping my head up because I'm working on it. Life as a gastric bypass patient means working towards the goal every day and not giving up. I know this, but sometimes I'm still the hard header older version of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment