Friday, December 7, 2012

Frankly Friday Lessons

 
I've learned alot this week. I don't know if it was a series of revelations, things falling into place, or me allowing myself to just be, but whatever has caused this - it has been nice. I've learned alot this week so I thought I would share some of my frank learnings.
 
 
1. Fiber supplements should not be taken lightly. Fiber is serious business and until you and your body communicate on how you are going to handle fiber or extra fiber - take care and stay close to home. I have learned this week that my body takes FOREVER to process fiber which isn't a bad thing for me being post op WLS and I frankly love it! I'm also very happy that I have a new fiber routine in my life because without it nothing would move.
 
2. Procrastination still isn't a good plan at all. I procrastinated due to my sugar roller coaster and frankly it sucked. I pumped out a 18 page term paper in less than 3 days but again this was not ideal. Dear RH you will not give me procrastination fever again - I don't like not to plan ok.
 
3. I'm craving sugar and carbs. Its been over a week on this new regime and I finally feel the cravings hitting. I woke up this morning and all I wanted was a donut...or cupcake...or bread. All of which is not suitable for breakfast or me. But I'm craving so solution - crunchy foods. I'm leaning hard on my liquids and carrots and humus today ladies no lie...I want a cake like no bodies business, but I know this process will help me and my poor little pancreas get on track.
 
4. I feel like I have met my sister from another mother. Jennifer is such a joy in my life and I've only known her a month. I absolutely love her energy, her life enthusiasm, her love for her hubby and let's face it we love the color purple and drive cube like cars - we should be friends! At support group dinner last night we laughed and laughed and I just know that I want to be this girls friend and she is already given me so much (she doesn't even know). I haven't connected with many people like this in a long while so this is a great present for me. Even cooler she will be post op this time next week!
 
5. I'm ready for a vacation that is my staycation where I can sit on my bum and craft and sleep and read...yep that is what I want to do.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about your cravings.. Mine are bad too but due to my monthly visitor
    And I think you're due for a vacation to Cali :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, that fiber part KILLED ME. I know exactly what you mean, it is a learning curve! haha...one with horrible consequences.
    Sugar cravings, i have them DAILY.
    And girl, vacation/staycation is RIGHT let's go!

    ReplyDelete