Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Adventures in 31 things for my 31st Year

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Why? Because I'm uber excited to mark something off my 31 things list. This weekend I'll be baking an apply pie from scratch. I've always wanted to learn to do this and as I was sitting with my husband last night I asked him what he wanted me to bake (I'm now always looking for an excuse to use my kitchen aid mixer) so going through my pinterest recipes I found a few things that will be "cooking" in my kitchen this weekend as I watch Horned Frog football, do laundry, read for class, and hang around and be a homebody with my super cute husband. I'm excited to be baking and even more excited to check something off my list!
Recipe 1 is the apple pie ofcourse! Once I bake it I'll post the recipe. I'm going to make the real thing this week and then work the recipe to be WLS friendly!

Recipe 2 from Pinterest - No Bake Chocolate Eclair Desert http://pinterest.com/pin/14284923788844438/
*this is for my super cute husband

Recipe 3 from Pinterest - Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins http://pinterest.com/pin/14284923788707323/

One of the items on my 31 things list is to "create a family christmas tradition" I've been giving this alot a thought over the years and this year I'm looking to start something my husband an I do every year that is special just for the Bettis clan.

There are a few things that we do each year and my favorite is going to the Ice Exhibit. Gaylord Hotels does an amazing ICE scuplture park each year and we've gone each year we've been married. Thank goodness when we moved from Nashville to Fort Worth that there is a Gaylord close so we can continue the tradition!

Also this year I'm instituting a tradition that has been in my family forever! Each year we get christmas pjs. My husband has resisted and resisted this each year, but a compromise was made this year as I found him pj shorts. So now just to find matching pants for me! There will also be a cute shirt to wear Christmas morning - be prepared hubs....be prepared! I'm looking forward to matching pjs pictures for my albums and to be reminisent of my youth.

Do you all have any Christmas traditions? Something you love about the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment