Friday, February 3, 2012

Thankful Thursday Post

It seems that every week Thursday rolls around at work and bam...I'm swamped. I alwasy take time to write down my thankfulness for the week during Thursday lunch, but for some reason I don't get around till blogging till late. I apologize!

Here is my list for this week:
1. I am thankful for my husband helping me clean the kitchen this week!
2. I lost 1 lb at my weigh in - YES!!!!
3. I am enjoying work and thankful to have a job that I love :-)
4. I am thankful for friends...it was so nice to have some phone calls, texts, and emails this week. It really helped me push through my week.
5. I am thankful that I had time to connect with some of my students from TN. I miss them so much, but am glad to have been able to talk with them, chat, and catch up.
6. I am thankful to be able to talk to my momma more lately.

February 1st started "Love Week" in our house. This is something that I started our first year we were married. I made 7 little "love" packages and let my husband open one each day the week leading up to Valentines. Out love week was interrupted last year as it was post surgery for me and it was hectic, so it was shortened and not as fun as I wanted it to be, so I'm making up for it this year. 2 whole weeks of little acts of love! I am very thankful for a husband that allows me to be silly, cute, and make little gifts for him. Previous boyfriends did not like being "made cute" or having things like this so it is nice to have a man in my life that allows me to go all out. Sometimes I think Valentines is bigger than Christmas around the Bettis home, but it means alot to me and to us. It never really meant alot before I was married or with Justin, but when you find the right one it is pretty special. I've enjoyed being able to think of things to make him smile, memories we've shared, and special notes of love. It makes me go "aww" even thinking of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment