Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Funday for a Gastric Bypass Patient

Way back in my college days there were sundays that were called "sunday fundays" and that meant hanging around drinking a cold one or two or three and avoiding being a grown up. Now that i'm actually a grown up and a gastric bypass patient my "sunday funday" now is filled with cleaning, organizing, but that isn't the fun part. The fun part to me is cooking for the week! I am love learning how to cook better for myself and for things that my husband likes as well.

This week I am making chicken pot pie in my Crockpot with lots of veggies! I am also baking meatloaf right now in the oven with fresh veggies and yummy spices. I haven't had meatloaf in a while so I'm pretty pumped about that. I am also going to make something sweet as well. I am trying out this recipe that is diabetic and gastric bypass friendly off the splenda webstie. If you want to take a look here it is : http://splenda.tastebook.com/recipes/1397592-Yummy-Snack-Bars

I love cooking on sundays. It really gets me excited for the week ahead and it gets me geared up to eat on my diet. I always have some yummy dinners on sunday because I can try a little of this and a little of that from my culinary adventures! I'm becoming quite savvy in learning to make recipes fit my diet and food hasn't gotten so boring.

My goals for this week are:
1. complete all my supplements
2. eat on my diet and make sure that I am eating breakfast (i missed it twice last week)
3. work out at least twice
4. go to my 3 month appointment and not be nervous!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment